2010年1月21日 星期四

Break through in Kapontasana

My head can touch my feet today!!! This is the first in my life, I could land my head on my feet in Kapontasana!! So happy!! Of course, this time I got help from John to keep me rooted, and i could just reach to my feet and then my head touch down!! And the most exciting thing is, I don't feel pain, and it wasn't that difficult as I thought... I was so happy and share my happiness with John and gave him a thank you hug! :)

For such deep backbend, John made us do some prep, thigh strech, cobra, airplan. In Cobra, John ask us to have our dristi like following a spider crow up on the wall. And with plams draw backward. These two really help. I feel I do a lot more in cobra and Dhanurasana. And only a bit disconfort at my neck, no pain at lower back! Great, I think all these prep help me in Kapontasana! Now, what i need is my leg power to help me really root down to rise up!! I am on the half way to complete one of my new year resolution! YEAH!

1 則留言:

Grimmly 提到...

Congratulations! best thing is that now you know you can get a really deep Kapo you can occasionally back off a little and still do a really nice one, takes some of the stress/dread of 2nd away ( those mornings when it's a little hard to face).

從頭頸為首的瑜珈觀點

  最近入手的新書,感謝神隊友從上海人肉快遞回來, 其實想買的還有一些,最後先挑這兩本,收到時覺得很有意思,剛好都是身心學派的書,一個是富蘭克林技法,一個是亞歷山大技法,一本以骨盆為主軸,一本雖然從技法對應到瑜珈,但談論到反而是著重從頭的位置來做身體的調整!! 剛好這都是我教學...