2009年5月8日 星期五

Self practice at home


I have been doing self practice at home in these two years. I have to admit this requirs a lot of self discipline to make practice regular and productive. My practice usually happens in daytime, meaning in the morning or afternoon, and most of time while I am alone at home or no one else is awake. Somehow, I cannot do backbending practice at night, not only because the more uplifting effect my rest at night, but also becuase I just need to see more clearly while facing the fear in my back. And daylight helps me with more confidence and more encouraging!

I am fortunate enough to enjoy myself alone at home for most of the time, so I should have planty of opportunites to maintain myself practice. But, it seems not easy, becuase of the lazieness and some endless excuses. Tiredness, lack of sleep,overslept, needing food, full belly, heandach, not in the mood, appointements, etc.... The list could go on and on, but the only legitmate excuse I could agree is my mensturation. However, this happen only once a month, but still other excuses won many times. So in average, I practice a least 3 or 4 times a week. This doesn't sound bad. I guess....

Another concern is, is my practice productive?? I found myself didn't improve too much in terms of succeeding in challenging advanced poses. It's obviously becuase I am just on my own, without a teacher to guide me one or advise me, I could only do self study on the Net, books or occationaly attend some workshops. I have to admit the progress is slow. But it really depends on to what you compare with. These two years, I study philosophy and anatomy, I believe this really help me to feel more in my asana practice, and help me move on in my yoga journey!

So, to evaluate my self practice for the past two years, I have to say, I do learn, but still need to be more self motive and self disciplined. I enjoy being with myself a lot, studying, reading and asana practice give me a lot of peace and pleasure.

I am very lucky to have a Jazz saxophnist neighbor living downstair, who practices at least 2 hours almost daily. I enjoy his music a lot, and at the same time, his music reminds me if I practice today. Also, this Ashtangi guy's blog inspired me a lot to keep on self practice more disciplined!

沒有留言:

功能性瑜珈解剖學-閱讀分享

哇,竟然超過一年沒在這裡更新了~~  還是先來些最新分享 又讀完一本,這本「功能應瑜珈解剖學」簡體版,感謝神隊友人工運送回來, 作者是David Keil是位Ashtanga練習者,其實這位作者我已經讀他不少的瑜珈解剖相關文章,是我輩算極早開始關注在瑜珈解剖領域的Blogger(...