2009年6月21日 星期日

6/20 TT

6/20 TT

Class begins from 3pm~8pm. so finally could get up late in the morning, I even took a nap before class!
Today will cover a lot: Chakras,Nadis koshas, Bandha, pranayama, and meditation. Class begins at the lobby, noisy and hard to focus! I even sometimes yell to make ppl hear me clearly, but I like the feeling we all sit in circle, so get reaction from ppl easly.

*3 Bodies & 5 koshas

1.physical body: Annamaya Kosha

2.Astral body (this is new to me, how they call this "astral", it's "spiritual"!): where optimal blue print located. Pranayama Kosha/ Manamaya Kosha/ Vijnamaya Kosha

3.Causal Body or Karana Sharira(因果):Anandamaya Kosha. this body is all about Karma, Samsara, and Samskara. Karma is the action, samskara is why you do that, and Samsara is the 輪迴. I translate Samskara into 銘印,印記, I hope I didn't get it wrong. So to remove karma, need to remove Samskara first.

*7Chakras: It seems like different naming in China than in Taiwan, especial for the first 3 chakras. What I learn is 海底輪,生殖輪,臍輪. They name here something like 根輪腹輪臍輪. Need to check again. Then bring Kundalini into this topic. I like John said about shakti is in the bottom and shiva is on the top of head, what we do is to bring them together!

*Different from Kundalini or other yoga tradition, Anusara's perspective on chakra meditation is to purify, not to awaken the Kundalini. So we only do mild meditation, not powerful one.

*then John guide a meditation with relations w/ colors and chakra. I thought we will do the chakra meditation with the sanskrit letter. That one I feel more powerful!

* Ben begins talk about prana and pranayama. then two practice, one is let ppl sit behind and with palms on the shoulder blades, this would bring awareness to breath in the back. I feel a lot, I now could bring into my back easily. I could feel ppls' hands moving with my breath! the other one is laying down with heart lifted and head supported, to feel rib cage expend!

*Ben demos the jalandhara Bandha. That's the new thing, he use several breaths to really expand his chest and rib cage, so eventually his chest is closing to his chin, not bring chin down to his chest, that's how we usually know. In his way, the neck is free and no tension!

*Ben tries to get ppl to do Uddyiana Bandha. But i don't believe ppl would get it! Need more talk and practice on this!

沒有留言:

從頭頸為首的瑜珈觀點

  最近入手的新書,感謝神隊友從上海人肉快遞回來, 其實想買的還有一些,最後先挑這兩本,收到時覺得很有意思,剛好都是身心學派的書,一個是富蘭克林技法,一個是亞歷山大技法,一本以骨盆為主軸,一本雖然從技法對應到瑜珈,但談論到反而是著重從頭的位置來做身體的調整!! 剛好這都是我教學...