2009年6月3日 星期三

TT day 2

6/4 Day 2


Today is led by Ben. I almost overselpt in the morning, so was like rush to the class. Luckly, got there 3 mins before class. Sorry.... this wasn't me...


Today beings with "Yoga" definition. Of course, there are many. Union is the popular one. I like the other one "Yoga is esctacy!". "Samadhi" this sanskrit name also means esctacy, Patanjali use this term in Yoga sutura. He brought a book today, "Yoga Tradition". It's a very big and thick book, but I flip over, and I know I will get one. This is also by Georg Feuerstenin, the same author of the book I am reading, "Tantra- the esctasy path". The book gives Yoga histry and philosophy a comprehensive intro, very worthy to read! This is the book I am looking for, to bring the pieces I know together! Highly recommanded!


Then, brief intro on Universal Principles. It's fun to look at ppls' faces, they all look confused, while Ben introduce this. Anusara language is different, only listen or read it in written, you will never understand. Until you could only feel and expeience in your body, u would understand it! So, then we start Asana practice.


some highlights
--Open to Grace:one need to cultivate "beginner's mind".

--From ben's experience, he thinks of all 5 principles, "open to grace" is the most important. Because, most ppl are already very tensed from life, so they draw in without "open" first. (I remember, Andrew talked about the most important one he thinks is different from Ben, but i cannot recall, will check the preivous notes.)


--muscular energy: the point "shins in, and thighs out", which I still could understand fully, personally. But I think Ben give a great tip. Lift the pinky toe up, to activate the outer shin muscle, so it help outer shin close to each other, and keep inner thighs back and apart. He kept repeating this thro whole class.


--outer spiral, he use the different term. He mentions more specifically "end of the tailbone" down, to discribe the outer sprial action.

沒有留言:

從頭頸為首的瑜珈觀點

  最近入手的新書,感謝神隊友從上海人肉快遞回來, 其實想買的還有一些,最後先挑這兩本,收到時覺得很有意思,剛好都是身心學派的書,一個是富蘭克林技法,一個是亞歷山大技法,一本以骨盆為主軸,一本雖然從技法對應到瑜珈,但談論到反而是著重從頭的位置來做身體的調整!! 剛好這都是我教學...